TdashDUB Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TdashDUB Fan Forum

~Cooler than Cousim Gram since being featured~

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarahndipity20
Regular DUB
Regular DUB
Sarahndipity20

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2007 3:51 pm

So, I finally bought some video-editing software, as I've been using Windows Movie Maker and I wanted something a little more powerful. I bought Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate... anyone ever heard of this? Use it? Love it? Have cool tricks they want to share with me? Very Happy

In other news, the screen on my beloved laptop has been messing up, so I got Randythecomputerguy to look at it, and he said I should send it off to Dell. So he did that for me, and it's been a week without my beloved laptop and I'm going craaazyyy! I'm having to use my mom's laptop and my family's old desktop. I haven't been able to play with my Pinnacle Studio at aaall, because the desktop won't load the installDVD.

So that was basically a whiny bit. Sorry! But yes... anyone else use Pinnacle??
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sarahndipity20
Pascal
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2007-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 11:09 am

Ok, my mind is struggling to deal with this.

Firstly, you used windows movie maker? GAH!?? GUH!??

*brain explodes*

Secondly, you actually bought a movie editing software??? ARRRGGGUUHHHH!!!!

*dies*

I use Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 (as do most windows people)

It's great, and *cough* if you know how to torrent *cough* then it's also *cough* free.

Of course, you can go and buy it legit for a few hundred. I suggest you get it instrad of Pinnicle Studio, because it sounds like it's decided to fail on you already
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Pas1990
MonkeyJoe
Chosen DUB
Chosen DUB
MonkeyJoe

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2007 11:32 am

Sorry to interrupt, but I just wanted to say I don't understand anything either of you has said. I can read the words, they just mean absolutely nothing to me.

Very Happy

....continue....
Back to top Go down
Sarahndipity20
Regular DUB
Regular DUB
Sarahndipity20

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 1:50 am

No, no, I haven't at all been able to see what Pinnacle does, because my laptop's been at Dell for a non-related problem. So I've been using the old crappy desktop computer which doesn't play DVDs. So I haven't had MY computer to be able to play with my Pinnacle yet!

It came with a green screen! alien (It was the only green thingy I could find.)
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 2:06 am

Ohhh nice. Green screen. I will be interested to see what new creative ideas you come up with.

As for myself, im busy working on a few more projects. Will release more videos all in due time.
Back to top Go down
Sarahndipity20
Regular DUB
Regular DUB
Sarahndipity20

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 5:06 am

Yay! cherry (This is to be used until I get an actual Sarahndipity20 emoticon. Hahah.)
Back to top Go down
RogCBrand
Higher DUB
Higher DUB
RogCBrand

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2007 4:36 am

Sarah, my best friend returned my old VHS camcorder that I loaned them to film their baby with- Steven is now a 12 year old!!!- and that got me thinking, so a little over a week ago I decided I was going to take my old home movies and transfer them from VHS to DVD. I figured it would cost a lot to take them in someplace to be converted, so I ordered what seemed like a good hardware/software package to convert the old tapes to digital. It's Pinnacle and it arrived yesterday. It's pretty neat, as I've just transferred my first project and it worked great! Still, there's a lot of potential there that I'm going to have to play with before I get comfortable with all the options!
Back to top Go down
MonkeyJoe
Chosen DUB
Chosen DUB
MonkeyJoe

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 4:36 am

Am I the only tech idiot? Really, y'all are gonna have to teach me what you are talking about.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
RogCBrand
Higher DUB
Higher DUB
RogCBrand

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 5:12 am

Just software that allows you to manipulate video, to create movies and such. With my old camcorder back in service, though the battery died long ago, I was able to plug it into my truck's electric socket and I could record as long as there was room on the tape! Then, with the converter I was able to record the video from the VHS tape to my computer.

My last trip I taped the entire drive to my parents' place in real time. I recorded the 3 hours 10 minutes to the computer- it was amazing as that's the length of the "3 hour" tape, and the recording came to an end about 50 feet from my parents house!

I then converted it and I accelerated it 32 times, to watch the entire trip in just under 6 minutes, which made it the speed of my driving the equivalent of 2000 miles per hour!!!

Anyway, I'm now going to start converting old VHS home movies to DVDs, before they fall apart on me! After that I might start playing with all the other features in the soft ware that came with the converter, which is what Sarah got...
Back to top Go down
Sarahndipity20
Regular DUB
Regular DUB
Sarahndipity20

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 2:41 am

The converter... is it called a Dazzle? I just got one of those because I desperately needed to get video off a few VHS tapes to edit.

I haven't been able to figure out how to work it yet. Probably because I was trying to use those red-white-yellow (audio video thingy??) cords instead of an S-video.... thing... or a... composite/RCA cord...

In any case, yeah, it's confused the heck outta me. But hopefully I'll get the right cords and figure it out one day.
Back to top Go down
RogCBrand
Higher DUB
Higher DUB
RogCBrand

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 2:48 am

It just has the word pinnacle and the multi-colored logo on it. I'm actually using the red, white and yellow cords. You have to have the vcr set to the correct "channel" then go through all the recording options before the little screen will finally show what's on the vcr. The instructions aren't all that great and it took a little playing around with it, but I did finally get it working and have already copied a few tapes!
Back to top Go down
Sarahndipity20
Regular DUB
Regular DUB
Sarahndipity20

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 2:51 am

Oh, huh... do you happen to know what channel? LoL... I'm so clueless about using this thingy.
Back to top Go down
RogCBrand
Higher DUB
Higher DUB
RogCBrand

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 3:08 am

It's usually 3 or 4. If you use the S-Cable, I think you need to choose the Auxiliary Channel, which you should be able to get to by going down from channel 2.
Back to top Go down
Pascal
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:49 pm

Say Rog, what is the name of your editing program?
Back to top Go down
RogCBrand
Higher DUB
Higher DUB
RogCBrand

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 5:09 pm

Up to now I've just been using Windows Movie Maker. I'm going to have to play around with Pinnacle Studio a bit before I seriously use it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate   Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pinnacle Studio 11 Ultimate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TdashDUB Fan Forum :: Misc :: The Lounge-
Jump to: