TdashDUB Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TdashDUB Fan Forum

~Cooler than Cousim Gram since being featured~

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Broadway Dinner Theatre!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sarahndipity20
Regular DUB
Regular DUB
Sarahndipity20

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Broadway Dinner Theatre! Empty
PostSubject: Broadway Dinner Theatre!   Broadway Dinner Theatre! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 4:01 pm

Okay, so I don't remember if I actually mentioned the Broadway dinner theatre I directed/choreographed/produced/put together/oh yeah, and performed in too.... hahah... at my church early this summer as a fundraiser to the American Cancer Society. But anyway. Basically I came up with the idea to have lots of different songs from different Broadway musicals performed... while the people were eating... because food and music together is AWESOME.

Right. So yes, I was the director. And I don't have the actual video up yet, but I do have a picture slideshow, and it's cool because it has a picture from each musical number, accompanied by the title being sung from the song. Like a sound byte. Sound confusing... yeah, just go watch the clip.

In case you wanted to know, I'm the one in: "All I Ask of You" (the first one), "The Sound of Music" and "Do Re Mi" (the white apron... and the big bunch of little kids), "The I Love You Song" (the big yellow #11 on my chest... lol... and those are my parents behind me, yes), "Fine Fine Line" (me and my puppet!), "Suddenly Seymour" (the brown dress and the ridiculous expression on my face), and "For Good" (the pink and green outfits-- I'm the pink, my mom's the green).

Blackmail pictures. I know.

(Hey, my dad's Zazu-- the feathered bird in the Lion King segment. Hahah.)

*************Oh yeah, and since the people in my church are going to be viewing this video as well... PLEASE comment here instead of on the video. :-) THANKS!***************

Oh yeah, you need the link. Hahah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikkTi14BXiA
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sarahndipity20
MonkeyJoe
Chosen DUB
Chosen DUB
MonkeyJoe

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Broadway Dinner Theatre!   Broadway Dinner Theatre! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 6:25 pm

WOW! It looks like it was a lot of work, Sarah.

How long was the production? How did you manage this, school, and just, you know, life?

Very Nice. I hope we will get to see more.

--------------------------------------------------

Color me....impressed!
Back to top Go down
Sarahndipity20
Regular DUB
Regular DUB
Sarahndipity20

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Broadway Dinner Theatre!   Broadway Dinner Theatre! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 3:10 am

The production was just under two hours long, with one brief intermission.

Oh man, it basically consumed my entire life for the six months we worked on it, lol. My parents helped (they're in a bunch of the musical numbers too, you may have noticed them lol), and we had a great pianist, and everyone really did their part and pulled it together. A cast of 32, I think it was (counting the 7 kids), plus the backstage crew, the kitchen crew who cooked and served the food... man, it was huge.

It was fun, though, so it wasn't as much "work" as... just having fun.

And a lot of work. XD

Yes, one day when I actually edit the video, it'll be up there too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sarahndipity20
MonkeyJoe
Chosen DUB
Chosen DUB
MonkeyJoe

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2007-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Broadway Dinner Theatre!   Broadway Dinner Theatre! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 3:15 am

After all that, I hope it raised as much $$$ as you wanted it too!

Nice Job! Take a bow (then a nap).

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RogCBrand
Higher DUB
Higher DUB
RogCBrand

Number of posts : 226

PostSubject: Re: Broadway Dinner Theatre!   Broadway Dinner Theatre! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:48 am

Wow Sarah, that's a whole lot of work! Good job!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broadway Dinner Theatre!   Broadway Dinner Theatre! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Broadway Dinner Theatre!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TdashDUB Fan Forum :: YouTube :: You, Me & YouTube-
Jump to: